Monday, May 19, 2008

Waste of Breath

When your kids say amusing things, you think to yourself that you will write that down so you don't forget...and then we forget. So, I figured writing it on my blog was the easiest! Hopefully you will find my child as amusing as I do...

After encountering an especially cheerful Starbucks employee in the drive-thru the other day, my 8.5 year-old son said, "That was weird."

"What?" I said.

"Why was she saying (he then says this in a scarily accurate cheerful imitation)...Thank you for your awesome patience!!! Alright!!!! Awesome!!!...?"

"Honey, that's her job - she was trying to be cheerful."

He snorts. "To be cheerful, you say please and thank you, you be nice the whole time, and that's it. Everything else is just a waste of breath."


Hmmm...crossing off Starbucks Employee and Walmart Greeter off the list of possible future jobs for my son.


Any other jobs I need to cross off?

Lisa :)

5 comments:

  1. Hehehe...I laughed so hard! That sounds like something one of my siblings would have said. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Party Clown is definitely NOT a career possibility.

    Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheerleader...but maybe that's obvious anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your story.
    Remember a man needs one word to express himself and women need paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Ha! It's rare to have someone "overly" friendly. But funny that your son would observe that.

    Big if you're happy and you know it buy some coffee size hugs to you!

    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...