Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tea for Two-sday ~ Luscious Lemon Cake

I think anything lemon goes well with tea. This lemon cake is cut into bars and such a yummy treat. I found this recipe in a cookbook that collected recipes from B & B's all over the country. I served these for a tea that had a lemon & lime theme, but made it in a pan of little flower-shaped molds and brushed the glaze on each one. They looked so cute!

Another great reason to serve this for a tea? (or any other time!!) It's so simple to make, you might already have all the ingredients on hand, and you can make it ahead of time.

Luscious Lemon Cake

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Grated zest of 1 lemon

LEMON GLAZE:
Juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together all ingredients and pour into greased, 7x11 in. baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.

For glaze, mix together lemon juice and sugar and pour on top of hot cake. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and top with thin slice of lemon to garnish, if desired. Yields 10 servings. (I usually spread it out thin in a 9x13 pan - might be good to make a little extra glaze to spread that far - makes way more than 10 bars - you decide how big or little to make them!)


I hope you get to try these out and sit and enjoy them with some tea...



6 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful! I am going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I would love to have tea with you (you bring the lemon cake!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious! I have a cake mold in the shape of a sunflower face -- this would be a perfect acke to make for it! Thanks!

    Please come over to my blog and enter my 100 post give away!

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY! That really sounds tasty! I love lemon anything.

    Thank you so much for your comments, and for taking the time to comment on Blissfully Domestic, I REALLY appreciate it! Thank you. It made my day!

    Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, I have those little flower-shaped molds too but I haven't used them yet. I wasn't quite sure what to put in them. Now I know! I'm so going to try this.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...