Thursday, July 17, 2008

Would You Like Chocolate With That? ~ Fireside Coffee Mix

Here is a nice recipe for a mocha type coffee mix. I love it! We've made it for a few years - for camping, for trips, for gift mixes, for whenever we feel like it!! In fact, I just made a batch as I am visiting my parents and in need of something since I don't drink "real" coffee! :)

FIRESIDE COFFEE MIX

2 cups non-dairy coffee creamer
1 1/2 cups hot cocoa mix
1 1/2 cups instant coffee granules (could use decaf)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Mix all ingredients together, then run through blender (makes everything finer and it dissolves better).

For 1 cup: Put about 3 tablespoons in a cup and pour boiling water over and stir.


Hope you like it!





P.S. Since I'm on a trip, I just don't have time to get Mr. Linky hooked up for your chocolate posts. Please be thinking about a chocolate post that you can link up on the following Friday (the 25th). I'd love to see your ideas! :)

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    I love the idea of running it through the blender. I have been making cocoa and coffee mixes for Christmas gifts for a long time, but I never thought to run them through the blender, that makes a lot of sense for a quicker dissolving mix. Thanks! :)
    Kathy C.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...