Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Works-For-Me Wednesday: Avon Jewelry

I sold Avon for about 4 years, but I no longer sell it, so you can rest assured that I'm not trying to sell you something! :)

Before Avon, I didn't wear much jewelry. But with the sales and the discount, I acquired quite a bit of jewelry and regularly wear it now.

Most of it is costume jewelry, though they also carry fine jewelry (gold and sterling silver). What I like about it is the very affordable price, good quality, and easy returns if I don't like something about it. And I usually think that the pieces I buy look even nicer in real life than in the books or on the web.

But the best part is that many pieces of my affordable Avon jewelry are regularly mistaken for Brighton jewelry! It happened again today, in fact. People are always surprised when I say, "No, it's Avon." In fact, I don't even own any Brighton - not because I don't like it - just don't like the price tag.

So, if you're looking for some pretty jewelry, but can't spend a lot - try Avon. You can order from their website (Avon.com) or talk to your local Avon lady (you can find one from the website and you pay no shipping on whatever your Rep delivers to you). A good friend of mine now sells it, which makes it even more fun to order!

Avon jewelry works for me! For more tips and ideas, stop by Works-For-Me-Wednesday at Rocks In My Dryer.

5 comments:

  1. Just to tell you how limited my jewelry knowledge is, you could have said anything and I still wouldn't have known what you were talking about lol. I've never heard of brighton. My jewelry consists of the rock that my husband put on my finger and some Walmart "pearls" lol. I have jewelry in my case but honestly I "forget" to wear it. I do love Avons mascara though!
    Blessings to you sister!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Avon jewelry too, and also am a former rep. I always get compliments when I wear my Avon stuff, real or fake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my pie post at 5 minutes for mom. That was so much fun! Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know shipping was free through at dealer. Good to know.
    Blessings,
    ~Toni~
    p.s. I don't own any Avon jewelry but I do like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know... I don't own much jewelry and i need to get more...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...