Friday, September 5, 2008

Would You Like Chocolate With That? ~ Chocolate-Coconut "Cookies"

It's Friday - time for chocolate again! I just discovered this recipe in a Pam Anderson cookbook of mine. The recipe is an easy one, which I know you appreciate. I love coconut so I knew I would like it. These cookies are really sweet, but that means I don't need to eat as many - a good thing.

The recipe calls for chocolate chips - you might want to use Nestle Chocolatier dark chips or Ghiradelli dark chips as they are bigger than regular chocolate chips. Or use 2 regular chocolate chips per cookie.

I even took photos for you! Here are the yummy little cookies when finished...




Chocolate-Coconut "Cookies"
1 bag (14 oz) sweetened or unsweetened flaked coconut
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
30 chocolate chips (preferably a bigger dark variety)

Adjust oven racks to lower-middle and upper-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with foil and spray with vegetable cooking spray, or line with silicone mats.

Mix coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Using a 2-tablespoon measure ( a standard coffee scoop works well; I used a Pampered Chef cookie scoop), drop coconut mixture onto cookie sheets and top each with a chocolate chip.

Bake, rotating each sheet from front to back and from upper to lower positions after 7 minutes, until cookies are golden brown and cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes total. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool to room temp. (Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)

Makes 30 cookies


Now it's your turn! Please share a little chocolate today and link up below. You can create a new post or find one in your archives with a family-friendly chocolate theme. It can be a recipe, idea, favorite kind of chocolate, photo, poem, etc. Can't wait to see what you've got! You can link up anytime today.

Have a great weekend!






8 comments:

  1. Um those sound delicious! I love coconut! And of course chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, those are like little macaroons with a hint of chocolate, yum. :)
    I love coconut too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I'm always looking for more ways to eat chocolate. I'm linking to a post I did about one of my favorite treats--chocolate-chip strawberry shortcake. Yum. -Julia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I am going to try and do this per your instructions. Let's see how well I can follow your instructions.....?????

    Now I go to my site and post the recipe? Hope so!! And I tell them about you right? Ok, let's keep our fingers crossed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DID IT!!!! I just checked it and I did it. Hip Hip Hooray for me!!!!! (and you) thanks for talking me through it!!! Oh boy, I have learned another new thing.
    singing...I feel good uh hu, I feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look good! And they're easy enough for me to make LOL!

    I posted a link to a recipe for Chocolate Pudding Cake - mmmm, good!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a chocoholic, so instead of a chocolate chip, I would use a hershey's kiss.........more chocolate! Just the way I like it

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great recipe! Several in my family are gluten free so this will fit the bill. Thanks! ~

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...