Thursday, November 6, 2008

Everybody Else Is Doin' It - So Here's My Thanksgiving Menu

I've been reading and drooling over other people's Thanksgiving menus this week. It is only 3 weeks away, you know! I decided to get my own menu finalized (mostly) and post it. You never know, you might get a new idea or see something you already make or just get hungry. I am looking at my friends' menus, deciding whether to change or add to mine. So this one could look a little different in another week!

Here goes:

Brined and Roasted Turkey
Ham or Tri-Tip Roast
Slow Cooker Stuffing
Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes (and gravy, of course)
Traditional Green Salad
Festive Winter Salad with Walnuts and Apples
Roasted Spring Veggie Medley
Pantry Cranberry-Apple Sauce
Lacy Cheddar Crisps
Amaretto Cake
Pumpkin Cheesecake

In between dinner and dessert, we might relax and enjoy a Carolans Iced Cream-A-Cino!

This will be supplemented a bit by what the relatives bring - but I don't know what that will be yet. I also haven't decided what kind of rolls to make and we will even have a couple of appetizers earlier in the day.

There it is - sort of final...right now...until I change my mind! :)

Reminder!:

Tomorrow (Friday) is "Would you like dessert with that?" (instead of chocolate), so come back and link up any old or new post with a yummy dessert - it can have chocolate in it, it just doesn't have to. Maybe you can share your favorite dessert or a dessert that you plan to make for Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see what you've got!

9 comments:

  1. You go girl! It looks wonderful. Doesn't it feel good to have a plan? So that pantry cranberry sauce sounds REALLY good! LOL.
    Love you my friend. Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,that's a ton to make on your own! I'm only making the Turkey (first time ever) and stuffing, everyone else can make the other side dishes! Well, I might throw in a pumpkin pie! ;)

    Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,that's a ton to make on your own! I'm only making the Turkey (first time ever) and stuffing, everyone else can make the other side dishes! Well, I might throw in a pumpkin pie! ;)

    Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,
    You brine your turkey too! It's the only way to go, right?! I sometimes do the same with chicken before frying. I got a recipe using buttermilk from a Martha Stewart show where she had a guest doing their fried chicken. Of course, it's been a while. I am pretty spoiled, as my hubby does the turkey in his own special way, and I actually prefer his fried chicken lately.

    Anyway, thanks for stopping by and for the info. I will try to post those brownies, and you have a blessed day.

    Before I go, What are Lacy Cheddar Crisps? Will you be posting or linking any of these recipes??

    If so, may I link them in my Tabletalk to pass them even further along.

    Yeah, so the whole bloggy world can gain the weight with us!... ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, that is a lot of food!!!! How many people are you feeding? An Army? My mom always fixes way too much food, and I am hoping to tone things down a bit this year. But don't count on it. I love smoked turkey or ham for Thanksgiving, I better keep my eye out for one huh?
    I will try to link up tomorrow with you on a dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds soooooo yummy:-)Great menu:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a terrific menu, Lisa! You've left options for other guests to bring but you've covered things well in case your guests only bring desserts. I think you've planned perfectly so that you won't have too much congestion at the end.

    Do you have someone to carve the turkey and other meat while you handle getting everything to the table? Carving, that throws me off each year because my husband hates that job and hides under the bed when it is time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, This sounds delicious! I would love for you to share your slow cooker stuffing! Sounds yummy and not dry! LOL! See you tomorrow! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all sounds delicious. I am completely impressed. I am such a fish out of water in the kitchen. Hubby does most of the cooking in our house. I am very grateful for that!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...