Friday, November 14, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

Back to an all-chocolate Friday today! I'll do another one that includes non-chocolate desserts at the beginning of December, OK?

Today I have one of my favorite cheesecake recipes to share with you (it's from Duncan Hines). It's creamy and delicious with just the right amount of chocolate. And it makes a nice impressive holiday dessert. By the way, they say you should put a pan of water on a bottom rack during baking to prevent cracks in your cheesecake. I did that and this one still ended up with small cracks when it started cooling. The good news is that it's hard to notice them with the chocolate chips all over.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

1 pkg Moist Deluxe Devil's Food Cake Mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips, divided
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 10-in. springform pan.

Combine cake mix and oil in large bowl. Mix well. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 22-25 minutes or until set. Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F.

Place cream cheese in large mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer, adding sugar gradually. Add sour cream and vanilla extract, mixing until blended. Add eggs, mixing only until incorporated. Toss 1/2 cup chocolate chips with flour.*  Fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour filling onto crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Bake 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F. Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until set. Loosen cake from side of pan with knife or spatula. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove side of pan. Makes 12 to 16 servings.



*Tossing the chocolate chips with flour is an awesome tip that can be used when adding chocolate chips to other types of batters. It keeps them dispersed evenly rather than sinking to the bottom.

I do hope you get to try it - if you don't make it, find someone who will so you can eat some!

The more chocolate, the better, right?




8 comments:

  1. Umm. That looks really good. I'm going to have to see about getting my husband to let us move next door to you lol. But then again I'd probably be 400lbs. I better stay here and drool from afar.
    HUgs.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheesecake is the best! I am surprised that I don't have any on my blog yet.

    I linked my chocolate shop in today. I hope it qualifies:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really good and not that difficult to make. I just might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love cheesecake, and that one looks simply divine!

    I went back and looked in my recipe archives on my blog and realized I only have ONE chocolate recipe, and I've already linked up to it! I've seriously got to get on the ball with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. [must wipe drool off mouth]

    I can't wait to try this. How can anything that combines the words chocolate and cheesecake be bad?

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word that looks spectacular! I have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm....sounds yummy! Did I mention I was on a diet?!?!?! You are way too tempting!

    I am trying to catch up on all of my blog reading! Maybe life will slow down soon.

    Have a good weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks wonderful! I have a favorite chocolate chip cheesecake that I got from a co-worker almost 20 years ago.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today looking forward to seeing more posts from you :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...