Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tea for Two-sday ~ Tea Mixes


Happy Tea for Two-sday and Merry Christmas! I hope that everything is falling into place for you as the day approaches.

In case you need a last-minute gift for someone who likes tea (or just something new to try yourself), but want to do something homemade - here are some tea mixes to try.

The first one I found on Ashley's blog - Livin Our Love Song. She had a Chai Tea Latte Mix that sounded yummy and looked so pretty. I did make it for a gift and I had to sample some, of course! It was really yummy - a nice winter treat. Her recipe makes one serving - so make it and try it first. I found the unsweetened instant tea right with all the Lipton iced tea in the grocery store.

The next two are recipes I have in a gift mix cookbook. I have not actually tried them, but they sound yummy and worth a taste.

Southern Peach Tea Mix
2 cups sugar
2 cups instant unsweetened tea
6-ounce pkg peach-flavored gelatin

Mix and transfer to a 1-quart jar (use half for a pint jar). Add 8 ounces cold water to 3 heaping teaspoons of the mix and stir well. Add ice and enjoy.

Hot Spiced Tea Mix
2 cups orange-flavored drink mix
1 cup powdered lemonade mix
1/2 cup unsweetened instant tea
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Mix and transfer to a 1-quart jar (use half for a pint jar). Add 8 ounces boiling water to 2 heaping teaspoons of the mix. Stir well and enjoy.


I'm not sure if hard-core tea drinkers would enjoy these mixes, but I like these kinds of drinks and non-tea drinkers might enjoy them, too.

Do you have a tea mix that you like?

Have a Happy Day Before Christmas Eve! :)

4 comments:

  1. It's tea time!!! Said with jaw and pinky sticking out lol!
    Those sound really good.
    You know I love Tuesdays tea.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Lisa! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, Wishing you and your family a wonderful and blessed Christmas, dear friend! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Lisa, to you and your family. We love to drink hot spiced tea during the holidays and I will think of you as I sip from my cup. Thank you for making my year a little "sweeter"!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...