Friday, December 12, 2008

Would You Like Chocolate With That? ~ Toffee Cookies Again



It's Chocolate Friday again! Since Christmas is approaching quickly, I think everybody needs to link up as many chocolate posts as possible, so we can all make some more goodies!

I am rerunning a chocolate post for you because it was my first one when I didn't have any readers (1 or 2 friends may have stopped by), and it is an extremely important recipe - one of my favorites and SUPER easy! This is a great one to take to Christmas parties or to give out with your homemade gifts or to keep the whole pan for yourself and enjoy the evening!

I have no pictures and I can NOT make toffee cookies right now - I'm trying to diet and I have no will power when it comes to this particular recipe.

*Finally updated with a pic!

Here's the post - originally published 4/11/08:

I thought about giving favorite dessert recipes (Friday's Favorites or something) and thought the chocolate title seemed to fit me. I'm known for my desserts, but I always have to explain that my skill is not in cooking (just follow the recipe), but rather in spotting and collecting yummy recipes!

I'm posting a very popular one - easy and great for sharing. However, you MUST heed my warning: These have that delish combination of sweet & salty...You will not be able to eat just one. After you start munching, you will need to hand the rest to a loved one and say, "please, take these from me right now" unless you are one of those people who can eat everything and not gain an ounce. If you are one of those people (complete opposite of me) then I suggest taking some of these and adding some ice cream and washing it down with some hot chocolate and marshmallows. ;)

Have you made these before? If not, give them a try and let me know what you think.

TOFFEE COOKIES

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a rimmed cookie sheet with foil and oil foil. Line evenly with saltine crackers (roughly 45?). In a large saucepan, melt 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, (my gas stove only takes about 2 minutes - mixture will almost start to pull away from sides of pan) stirring constantly. Immediately pour mixture evenly over crackers. Put in oven for 5 minutes. Remove, tap down floating crackers and immediately sprinkle a bag (or 2 cups) of chocolate chips over top, let melt and then spread across top. You can also sprinkle chopped walnuts on top if you like. Chill to let it set up. Cut up however you wish, or break into pieces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do hope you give that a try! Now please do link up some chocolate today with Mr. Linky below. Any chocolate post will do - old or new - check here for more info.

Have a wonderful chocolate-filled Friday!!





4 comments:

  1. I don't know if it is against the rules but I had 2 good chocolate ones today. I hope that's ok:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound absolutely yummy! I don't think I would be able to stop at just one either!

    Take care my friend!
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try out this tasty recipe :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...