Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tea For Two-sday ~ Luscious Lemon Bars...Again

I ran this recipe back in June, but wanted to rerun it now that I have a photo. Also, it's a great recipe for everybody - it's fairly easy. Enjoy!


I think anything lemon goes well with tea. This lemon cake is cut into bars and such a yummy treat. I found this recipe in a cookbook that collected recipes from B & B's all over the country. I served these for a tea that had a lemon & lime theme, but made it in a pan of little flower-shaped molds and brushed the glaze on each one. They looked so cute!

Another great reason to serve this for a tea? (or any other time!!) It's so simple to make, you might already have all the ingredients on hand, and you can make it ahead of time.

Luscious Lemon Cake

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Grated zest of 1 lemon

LEMON GLAZE:
Juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together all ingredients and pour into greased, 7x11 in. baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.


For glaze, mix together lemon juice and sugar and pour on top of hot cake. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and top with thin slice of lemon to garnish, if desired. Yields 10 servings. (I usually spread it out thin in a 9x13 pan - might be good to make a little extra glaze to spread that far - makes way more than 10 bars - you decide how big or little to make them!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you get to try these out and sit and enjoy them with some tea...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a lovely Two-sday today!!

4 comments:

  1. I love lemon bars, cake, aid. LOL. That sounds yummo my friend. I am just missing one key ingredient. LEMONS! LOL.
    My post happens to be about tea today as well.
    BIG hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have these lemon bars for my next "tea" they sound and look wonderful.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon cake is always luscious! Thanks for the recipe.

    Stay Cozy,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know by now, I'm a big fan of lemon. Thanks for the recipe and reminder that tea and lemon, they just go together!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...