Friday, March 6, 2009

Would You Like Dessert With That? ~ Raspberry Pecan Bars

Yay! It's Chocolate Friday, except it's actually Dessert Friday today! I usually have something chocolate here on Fridays and an opportunity for you to link up, but for a while now, the first Friday of each month has been for desserts of any kind, in order to give those poor non-chocolate yummies a shout-out and apparently to give me a chance to write a nice long run-on sentence!

In last week's post, I got "real" and confessed some of my chocolate failures. I can't believe I forgot to mention one of them! It's The Tale of the Chocolate Spoons - a true tale of chocolate horror. I posted it the first month I had my blog so many of you may have missed it. Go take a look and you will see why I start shaking when anybody comes toward me with one - LOL! And you have to read the first comment under it to hear a hilarious cooking disaster from my Aunt!

OK, on to baking success! In the spirit of Dessert Friday, I am sharing a non-chocolate dessert with you. It is so yummy and really fairly easy to make. I tried my best to get a photo that would truly make you drool! It worked on me - LOL - slurp! The recipe came from a BH&G Potluck publication in 2003.



Raspberry Pecan Bars

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1 10-oz. jar raspberry preserves

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on med. to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until combined. Add egg; beat until combined. Beat in flour until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Set aside 1 1/2 cups of mixture for topping.

2. For crust, press remaining flour mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 8" square baking pan. Spread preserves evenly onto crust, leaving a 1/2-in. border around sides. Crumble reserved topping over the top.

3. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes until top is brown. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super yummy! Maybe you better have some this weekend, but you might want to share them with several people so you don't eat too many! :)

Have you ever posted a yummy dessert on your blog? Can you think of a favorite dessert that you can post about today? Find your dessert posts and come back here to link them up! Spread the word - dessert should be shared!!





7 comments:

  1. Hi, we are a Christian company in North East Scotland. We are in the process of tranforming a factory into a chocolate shop and visitors centre. There isn't anything else like it in the UK as far as we know.

    This is all being done using hard work, friends, a very limited budget and most importantly God's grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - left the wrong address first time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so drooling my friend. That looks really really yummy. I'm going to have a dessert to post next week and it is so going to have chocolate in it! You better be ready!!
    Big Drooly Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your story, but I liked your aunt's better!

    And you need to scroll to the end of the "granola" post to find the dessert recipe, but who says you can't have a bowl of yummy granola for dessert? And just for those who still need their chocolate fix, you have your choice of caramel OR chocolate sauce! (It's been a while since I've made it so I don't have a picture, but it's yummy!)

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those sound absolutely delicious! I'm going to have to check out the post @ the spoons. Sounds interesting :o)

    Take care my friend!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I can see you couldn't stand your mug not being seen on my blog! LOL. It's the first thing I saw and it cracked me up. Did you love all my comments last night? LOL.
    Well I just wanted to make sure I stopped by today even though you didn't have a post ready for me to be the first commenter on! Hee! Hee!
    Big Second time around Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...