Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Works-For-Me Wednesday: Summer Recipes - Tortellini-Chicken Salad & No-Bake Desserts

Today's WFMW edition is the best summer recipes! Yum! I just discovered a great main dish salad. It's from the cookbook Best Recipes From American Country Inns and Bed & Breakfasts. This particular recipe comes from White Mountain Lodge in Greer, AZ.

It was delicious, easy to prepare, and light & refreshing for a summer day! Give it a try!


Tortellini-Chicken Salad

1 20-oz. pkg frozen, cheese-filled tortellini (I used dried - it worked fine)
1/2 cup virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 large bunch spinach leaves, cleaned, dried, and crisp (I used bagged baby spinach)
4 cooked, boneless chicken breasts, cut in strips and chilled
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend or feta cheese
1/2 large red onion cut in thin rings (I skipped)
6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and quartered (I skipped)

Prepare tortellini according to package directions, drain, and set aside in large bowl. Combine oil, lemon juice, wine vinegar, sugar, parsley, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well and pour over tortellini until coated. Cover bowl and chill at least 2 hours or up to 1 day ahead.

To assemble, mix spinach, chicken, and cheese with tortellini and mound on individual serving plates. Arrange onion rings and eggs on top or around edge of plate. Yields 6 servings.


~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've posted a few other good summer recipes on my blog. Here they are:

Side Dish:

Marinated Vegetable Salad

Cookie Salad (or Dessert - you be the judge!)

And of course you need some no-bake desserts when it's hot out!

No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

Chocolate Dip

Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

Microwave Brownies

Frozen Chocolate Mousse

Cookies & Cream Dessert

Enjoy and stay cool! For lots more great summer recipes, stop by Works-For-Me-Wednesday hosted by We Are THAT Family!

I'm also linking this up to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam! Stop over there for many more recipes!

12 comments:

  1. Now that recipe is right up my alley. Looks delicious!
    Big I always eyeball the dried parsley but never pick it up but can see now that I should have size hugs to you my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have everything to make this... Hmmm... might change my dinner plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks soooooo delicious! I love tortellini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I absolutely MUST make this - wow, it does look refreshing...and d.e.l.i.s.h!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful recipes! Thanks for sharing. Let's see... what to try first!

    God bless,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks good! I'm making tortellini salad tomorrow, but my recipe is a bit different.

    The pendant from your Cake Week giveaway arrived in the mail today. It's beautiful! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! That looks amazing. I love making hot pasta but have never done anything outside a cold basic pasta salad. This look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from Jen's party! That looks fabulous! :) I love tortellini.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good and easy--my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That salad looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds so yummy! I am going to have to make this soon!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...