Friday, July 31, 2009

Would You Like Chocolate With That? ~ Chocolate & Strawberries...For Your Feet?



Welcome to Chocolate Friday!! That means the weekend is here - Woo Hoo! I know, you're thinking chocolate on feet? She's lost it. No, I haven't - not completely anyway! :)

A while back, I wrote an article for Chic Critique about making your own foot scrubs. In my research, I discovered a recipe for Chocolate Covered Strawberries Foot Exfoliant. Since I happened to have some strawberries that were past their prime and the other ingredients, I thought it was time to give this scrub a try!



It was easy enough to mix up, and it did smell nice and chocolatey. But, I have to say, it was very strange rubbing a gloppy chocolate mixture on my feet. Kinda seemed wrong, if you know what I mean. And it makes quite a mess of the bathtub! Before I rinsed it off my feet, I looked down at the mess and decided it probably wasn't a good idea to rinse all those strawberry chunks down the drain. I scooped up everything I could before rinsing off my feet.

What was the result? Well my feet are nice and soft and exfoliated! But I think I could achieve that with another scrub that's less messy. You can try it if you dare! :)

What chocolate do you have for me today? I know you've got something! Get it and link it up! Mr. Linky is not cooperating with me, so let's try the new MckLinky today. Let me know what you think.

Have a wonderful chocolatey day! I'll be scrubbing out my tub...



11 comments:

  1. LOL! I think this is one of those things you should do at a spa where somebody else cleans up the mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my pioneer girlfriend. I chuckled just picturing you doing that in the tub! THANKS! LOL
    Big leave it to the professionals size hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could make a chocolate scrub... I'd want to eat it! As it is I have chocolate lotion that makes me want chocolate. Oh wait, I used to have a chocolate scrub, my dh got it for my birthday one year!

    And a warning... my recipe is SO NOT WW FRIENDLY TODAY.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait ... you put perfectly good cocoa on your feet?!

    Neat coincidence, though: Part of my Chocolate Friday post is about the Chocolate Spa at Hershey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fantastic! What an awesome treatment:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm...sounds interesting, but after hearing that you are busy scrubbing your tub I have definately decided to....let someone scrub my feet at a spa (where they can clean it up), and just for fun I could eat Chocolate cover Strawberries while I sit there in the massage chair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think chocolate on my feet would be awesome! Chocolate spas sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love chocolate, and simply can't see it going on my feet, when it should be my mouth! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would NOT like the globs either, and it just seems wrong to put cocoa and strawberries on my feet... I love homemade recipes, but I think I'd rather use a different recipe for the foot scrub and EAT chocolate covered strawberries... lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I,ve heard of Mud, herbs, oranges and roses being used. But never of Chocolate and strawberries. Just like you said..So Wrong. Looks more like a jam, Now I can see about creating that:-) Chocolate and Strawberry Jam.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...