Friday, July 3, 2009

Red, White & Blueberry Cookies

Happy Friday!! Normally this would be Chocolate Friday, but the first Friday of every month I make it Dessert Friday to give the non-chocolate recipes or posts a chance!

Since tomorrow is Independence Day, I wanted to tweak a cookie recipe I had to make it more "patriotic!" Turned out yummy I think, and hubby ended up giving the cookies 9.5 out of 10 - not a bad result - LOL!

This is actually a cookie recipe that's made to layer in a jar and give as a gift. I put some of it in a fancy jar just to show you, but it's best to use a quart jar with a wide mouth (my jar drove me crazy!).


The original name of these cookies is Cranberry Hootycreeks. Not sure about that name! I cut the amount of dried cranberries in half and added that amount of dried blueberries, so now I think we should call them Red, White & Blueberry Cookies. I'll be giving you the recipe in the order it would be layered in a jar. I couldn't decide which cookie picture to use, so you'll have to decide which one to drool over.




Red, White & Blueberry Cookies

5/8 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans

1. Layer the ingredients in a 1-quart jar, in the order listed.

2. Attach a tag with the following instructions:
Red, White & Blueberry Cookies 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. 2. In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy. Add the entire jar of ingredients, and mix together by hand until well blended. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. 3. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Cool on baking sheets, or remove to cool on wire racks. Makes about 18 cookies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you decide not to use the blueberries (they are not frugal!), then just double the cranberries - still delicious!


Have a fantastic weekend and a blessed and safe Independence Day!

This is being linked up to Your Life, Your Blog at Real Life - link up a post from the previous week!



12 comments:

  1. Yummy yummy yummy! And oh what won't you do for presentation! LOL.
    Big there's so much dried fruit in them that they are almost good for you size hugs!!!
    Happy 4th tomorrow my friend.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I thought the title said "red wine and..." That was enough for me and I clicked!

    It's been awhile since I've sipped some bubbly...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great Lisa. Shared my daughter's smoothie recipe on my blog today along with one of our more adult favorites.

    Have a happy 4th, friend.

    ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,
    What a wonderful recipe. And the smoothie recipe from Donna sounds wonderful too!
    I'm sorry about accidentally linking twice.

    God bless,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this recipe! I always thought the name was a hoot! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you just move next door to me?? There must always be something delicious coming out of your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a yummy 4th of July treat! Enjoy the holiday:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't care if Independence Day is over, I'm still making these! YUM!

    PS, I stumbled this post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Yet another recipe to add to the 'must try' list!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...