Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Works-For-Me Wednesday: Dish Soap Drizzler



I love being inspired by other blogs to try something new or to be reminded of things I've forgotten about!

A while back, over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam - I saw this idea Jen had for keeping your dish soap in a pretty glass cruet. Lovely idea - makes it look so pretty. You could try the same by finding an inexpensive cruet at a yard sale or thrift store.

Jen's idea reminded me that years ago, my hubby's aunt started keeping her dish soap in a small decorated glass oil pourer/drizzler. It was such a cute idea! So I decided that I would do the same! But to be more frugal - I refused to buy a bottle and only used what I already had on hand. I had a large glass oil drizzler that I wasn't using. I transferred my dish soap into it and here it is:


It works great! A smaller one would be a little easier to handle, but would also have to be refilled more often. My hubby even likes this!

Turning my dull dish soap into delightful dish soap works for me! For more Works-For-Me-Wednesday ideas, stop by We Are THAT Family!

What can you do to make your dish doap more darling, dazzling, dramatic or delightful? :)

P.S. Be sure to stop by here tomorrow - there will be a great giveaway (and it's not dish soap or a bottle - LOL)! Woo Hoo!

8 comments:

  1. That's neat my friend. But I probably wouldn't do it just for the fact that it's glass and my daughter does the dishes most of the time! LOL
    But it does "look" nicer!

    Big don't grab it to use in cooking and forget it's got soap in it size hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I'm going to start hunting for one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute idea... I'm all about replacing the "ordinary" with "pretty" in my kitchen, so I just might have to hit the thrift stores today! :) My only concern is that someone might accidentally drizzle it on their salad! LOLOL

    Now a note to Kim,..???? Um, I pretty sure you teenage daughter can handle glass! Oh my dear friend! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note back to Kathy...we talking about the same girl? You know the one that has broken 3 dishes, a coffee decanter, a glass.....should I go on? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea - so glad you liked the idea. Yours is perfect, and honestly a bit easier for the kids because it just pours out without a mess. My daughter now refuses to use any other soap...even for her hands. She always wants it out of the pretty dish container but we end up with dribbles of the liquid dish soap on our window sill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an awesome idea!! Looks better than my Dawn bottle!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...