Friday, September 11, 2009

Would You Like Chocolate With That? ~ Chocolate Chip Shortbreads



Happy Chocolate Friday!! Another week survived; another chocolate reward - LOL! I really do hope that all of you have had a great week! If not, then you just go ahead and help yourself to an extra piece of chocolate. :)

I found this recipe in a magazine a few years ago. It really is easy, though you have to be careful of how crumbly it is! Also, since it uses unsalted butter, it has a milder butter flavor that you might not be used to. Still yummy and better for you without all that salt! (Go ahead, use your red pen to mark all my grammatical errors in these sentences!)



Chocolate Chip Shortbreads

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate mini chips

1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Have a baking sheet ready.

2. Mix flour and 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or rub in with fingertips) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in mini chips.

3. Gently press crumbs together to form a dough (heat from your hand will help this happen). Place on baking sheet; pat into an 8-in. disk. With a sharp knife, score into 16 wedges, cutting about halfway through dough. Prick wedges twice with a fork.

4. Bake 25 minutes, or until shortbread looks dry and golden at edges. Immediately cut through score lines. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Can be stored airtight at room temperature up to 3 days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yum! You might even have the ingredients now - try it out for a Friday treat! I should disclose that my son didn't really like these, BUT he also doesn't like chocolate which ruins all credibility. :)

Now it's your turn to link up a chocolate post with MckLinky below! I know you want to!! You can write one or go dig one out of your archives! And actually, even if you linked an old one up months ago - link it up again, especially since mean old Mr. Linky lost all of those old links! I make it soooo easy to share the chocolate!

I'm also linking this up to Tasty Tuesday over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam! You must go check out Jen's vlog about quick freezer meals and see all the other yummy posts linked up!

Have a fabulous day!





12 comments:

  1. Well only 8 more and you pass me up my friend. I know you know what I'm talking about. It's official. Your blog is better then my blog! *sigh* I'll be alright. I'll just go eat some more free yummy chocolate that came all the way to Florida and survived the heat!

    Big unsalted crumbly but has chocolate in it so it can't be all bad size hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to have to try that. So easy, but it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Only four ingredients, how simple could that be. Can't wait to try it but this weekend is your white chocolate chip cookies with my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm...Yum! Those look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely going to try this! (Reminds self to add unsalted butter to grocery list) I love shortbread and I love chocolate. Together? Divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that sounds like something I could do to surprise my man! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these last night. They're easy and delish! Love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds (and looks) yummy! I will definitely be trying these!

    Take care my friend!
    Hope you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, PLEASE! Will definitely try this... I could eat shortbread for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That looks sooooo delicious. I'm really enjoying your blog. Thanks for all of your great ideas and recipes. We love chocolate at our house - me too much so:) I would love for you to join me at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesday. Come check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...