Tuesday, February 23, 2010

WFMW: Displaying Kids' Art

I thought I would rerun an old WFMW from the beginning days of my blog since many of you haven't seen it and I still use it!

Post originally published 5/27/08:

Kids always have their favorite artistic creations that they want on display. Is your refrigerator covered with paper? Not mine...OK...well, not as much as it used to be. I saw a great idea a few years ago for a way to display art that was easy to switch out. Just in the last couple of years, I finally did it!

The art is now proudly displayed in my son's room and we frequently change the display. Here is what it looks like:



You get open frames and hang them on the wall, letting the wall color show through. The original idea I saw used double-stick tape or push pins to stick the art in the middle of the frame. I didn't want to make a mess of my walls, so I bought colored binder clips and hubby screwed them into the frame ( I was going to glue it).

Now we can change the art anytime and it looks attractive! Most recently, this frame displayed a tracing of a jet, and before that a detailed drawing of a Lego Mars Mission scene (if you only have girls, you have no idea what I'm talking about). :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you have a fun way to display artwork?  Be sure to stop by We Are THAT Family today to see more WFMW ideas!

By the way, I want to thank my readers so much for checking in for my shout-out!  You're great!  So far, readers have commented from 7 countries and 23 of the United States!  It's not too late to check in - I'll keep track all week!

Have a wonderful Wednesday friends!

9 comments:

  1. There is something similar that I'm going to do to house my childrens artwork.
    I love the idea.

    Big better on the wall as art work then on the fridge as clutter size hugs to you! LOL!

    Have a fabulous day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, especially for displaying the "best" pieces in a family room or living room. We use an art line in our son's bedroom for all his work, but no one sees it but him. Maybe we'll try this too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my....such a cute and simple idea! I'm bookmarking :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT idea and it looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! You're so creative my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...