Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Blog Break

Better grab a chocolate and have a seat - this post ended up being a little long!  :)

Blog breaks happen in so many different ways - a few days off here and there, a planned week off with guest posts, an unexplained absence, and then there's mine.  I've decided to take the Summer off from blogging.  The idea came to me a while back and then I firmly decided on it in May.  I tried to wrap up all the posts I wanted to get done as soon as I could in June.  My original thought was to take off June, July and August.  But it will still be a long break - the rest of June and all of July and August.

Why the long break?  I've been blogging consistently for over 2 years - most of the time 5 days a week (I have over 600 posts here which amazes me!).  I'm feeling a bit burnt out at the moment.  Not burnt out from my blog friends and readers, but burnt out because I've started feeling "obligated" to blog.  It would be fine for it to be an obligation if it were my job and helped support my family in some way.  But my blog is just a hobby and I really don't feel led to make it more than that.

I'm also not a good multi-tasker - I can only focus on one thing at a time.  So if my blog is "dazzling" you daily, then you can be sure that nobody is being "dazzled" by the condition of my home - LOL!  I have many things going on this Summer - enjoying the company of my son, getting organized, taking a Summer trip, finishing projects, spending time with friends, trying to eat healthy, exercising, etc.  For me to really make those things happen, I need to step away from blogging for a while.

I feel relieved that I won't have to try to blog or arrange guest posts while I am on our Summer trip - it definitely interferes with that vacation feeling.  And it turns out that the laptop has to go away for a while for some minor warranty repairs anyway.  So my timing is good!

Don't worry - my blog will still be here!  Recipes will still be here!  And maybe you'll find time to dig through past posts and learn something new about me or find a great recipe that you missed.  I will work on making recipes more accessible.  You can already get the chocolate recipes from my sidebar, but I need to work on making the dessert recipes easy to find.  I also plan to put all the tea posts together so you can find what you need.  And you can always use the search bar if you're looking for something specific.  As I add these things through the Summer - they'll appear on my sidebar and maybe I'll put a brief message on top.

Unfortunately this means that I won't be hosting Chocolate Fridays or Dessert Fridays through the Summer.  You can still post chocolate recipes though - I'm sure your readers appreciate it!  There are plenty of other places to link up your delicious recipes like:  Foodie Fridays, Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap, Tasty Tuesdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays - just to name a few!

Now you realize I may change my mind at any time - LOL!  I could get to August and just HAVE to tell you about something great or share a recipe.  Or not.  In which case I'll post in September, Lord willing.

I should add that I probably won't be on Twitter either.  I haven't tweeted in over a month.  It started as a little break by accident and then I decided to wait until somebody tweeted me a question or comment that I had to answer.  Didn't happen.  I think that confirmed that I didn't really need to be on there even though I have some lovely friends there.

Didn't mean to post a book my friends!  Thank you for stopping by my blog and for all of your wonderful comments - they make my day!  I hope you all have a lovely Summer - do take time to stop and smell the chocolates in your own lives.  I will try to stop by blogs and say hello as I have time.

Hugs and air kisses to all!!  Have a wonderful Summer!

9 comments:

  1. Well I guess this just means more phone calls are in store! LOL!

    Trust me I completely understand. I may need to do the same thing as I really need to start planning my homeschool year now that I've finally unpacked 99% of the boxes.

    Big Summer Lovin' happened so fast but it will be gone before you know it so enjoy it size hugs to you!

    Did you pick up a little Grease in there? LOL!

    Love you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break!

    Don't you know, I just came across a great chocolate recipe to post, too?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your break!
    I'll be taking a long break soon, too as we'll be moving in a couple of months. So we may be back to blogging at around the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I am going to miss you! But I certainly understand and will be ready to hear about your fun adventures when you get back. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy your break and maybe we can actually meet this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time and enjoy your break!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can really understand whst you mean. Have a lovely summer and enjoy every minute of it with your family and friends. See you again in September!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, this comes as no surprise to me, as we have talked about this quite a bit over the past months. :)
    Have a wonderful summer my friend, I'll catch up with you on FB. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...