Monday, May 23, 2011

Pizza Pasta Salad

I tore this recipe out of a magazine a year ago and saved it.  So glad I did!  As the weather warms up, I love to have pasta salads and there are so many good ones!  Tried it recently and it was yummy - the family enjoyed it.  It would be nice for a potluck too.


Pizza Pasta Salad
Salt and pepper
1 lb bowtie, penne, or shell pasta
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
3/4 cup sliced marinated artichoke hearts
8 oz bocconcini (small fresh mozzarella nuggets - even my cheap grocery store Winco had them!), cut into small or bite-size pieces
4 oz pepperoni or salami, diced (I had pepperoni slices, so I quartered them)
1/2 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano

1.  Boil large pot of salted water.  Add pasta and cook according to directions, until al dente.  Drain and spread on greased baking sheet to cool.

2.  In large bowl, combine cooled pasta with oil.  Stir until all pasta is coated.  Add remaining ingredients.  Toss well and add salt and pepper to taste.  Makes 8 servings.

Best if prepared within 2 hours of serving.  Can add a pinch of crushed red pepper for a little kick.


How does that sound?  Just in time for those Memorial Day gatherings too.  Don't be afraid to switch out ingredients and make it your own.


This recipe is linked to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed With Grace.

Have a tasty day friends!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Now that sound delicious! I crave salads like this all summer long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great side summer salad!
    Big say that 10x fast while sipping on a strawberry lemonade slushie size hugs to you!
    Love you my friend.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...