Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pear Week ~ Maple Pecan Pear Muffins

Thanks for joining me for Pear Week!  Glad to have you here - though it would have been nice if you showed up last week and actually helped me peel and core these pears - LOL!  ;)

I knew that I wanted to add some of these delicious pears to some muffins.  I found a muffin recipe in Best Recipes from American Country Inns and Bed & Breakfasts and changed it up.  The result is delicious!  Of course it doesn't use up many pears, but you don't have to peel them - bonus!

Because the chunks of pears I used were large and very moist, it was a little tricky getting these muffins out of the pan.  Less pears and smaller chunks would help - and wait a while to remove them from the pan!  Then again - it's a good excuse to eat all the "damaged" muffins right away.  :)


Maple Pecan Pear Muffins

1 1/4 cups flour (I used unbleached)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup sour cream
5 tablespoons softened butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 cups (or a little less) diced pears - leave peel on
Extra brown sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 18 muffin cups well.  Mix dry ingredients together.  In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients thoroughly.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir.  Fold in diced pears.

Spoon batter into greased muffin tins, filling cups 2/3 full.  If desired, sprinkle a small amount of brown sugar on top of each muffin.  Bake 20-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.  Let stand at least 10 minutes (longer is better) after removing from oven.  Remove muffins from tin and cool completely.  Makes approximately 18 regular muffins.

Enjoy!!

These are nice hearty muffins and are best with a hot cup of coffee!  Yum!  I have a few in the freezer just waiting for the right moment.  :)

Thanks again for stopping by Pear Week!  Have you ever had pears in muffins?  What's your favorite way to eat pears?
Come on back tomorrow for more Pear Week and I'll share some simple recipes for Pear Sauce!

This post is linked to:
~ Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
~ Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at At The Well

Have a super day friends!

4 comments:

  1. Those do look good my friend! I admit that I don't eat a lot of pears. Not really sure why. I like the taste and everything. I think I just forget about them LOL! Sad, huh?

    Big I just got back from eating at Carrabba's so I'm fat and happy and no room for muffins at this moment size hugs to you.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of flavors! Please link you recipe up at Muffin Monday! Thanks!
    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/muffin-monday-peanut-butter-jam-muffins

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying your pears! I like to eat pears "as is". :-) I just make sure they are ripe, tender to the touch.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...