Saturday, September 15, 2012

Savor 7 {Saturday} ~ 9/15


Welcome back to Savor 7 {Saturday} friends ~ a new way to share blessings and encourage each other! **Making it a little easier on you if you've been wanting to participate - you can either follow my categories or just simply list out 7 blessings from your week - this is not meant to be stressful!** For explanation of the 7 categories, see the original post. Thank you for joining me last week!

Let's look back at our week and "savor" {to have experience of; to taste or smell with pleasure; to delight in} together. 


7 blessings. 7 experiences, tastes, smells, delights. 7 ways to share, encourage, inspire. 1 for each day of the week. Join me? Write your own post, sharing something for each of the 7 categories or your own listing of 7 blessings from your week and link it up right here anytime over the weekend. If you don't have a blog, share some of your blessings in the comments!


Savor 7 {Saturday}


SCRIPTURE: I'm so slow - still finishing up reading through Psalms!

Psalm 130:5 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope.
STORY TELLER: I thought you might be encouraged by this short & sweet post by my friend Lisa at The Cozy Nook: Giving When It's Hard To Give. And say hi while you're there - I think you'll enjoy The Cozy Nook!    

SOCIAL: My "social" outings this week consisted of a Case For Kids {Love the Tripp brothers!!} class that hubs and I are taking and the monthly Boy Scout committee meeting. I did convince hubs to get us lattes after each, so did that turn those evenings into dates? LOL! :) 


SILLY: Well, I'll give you a glimpse of my kid's sense of humor, but I don't think you'll laugh. We went through a drive-through to get him a vanilla cone. I decided to get myself a soda. I told my son that I ordered it because I didn't want to only get a cone. So, with a perfectly straight serious face he said, "So you got a cylinder?" Go ahead...think about it...cone, cylinder...yeah, I know. That might qualify as "nerd" humor, right?

SNAPSHOT: This is an old pic of Buster & my son. But one of the big blessings this week is that Buster is OK. He had a major dental procedure and then didn't recover well - ended up at the vet for 2 days on an IV. He's home now and doing a little better - eating and drinking, but still weak and tired. And he is skin & bones compared to this pic. He's 12 and we're just thankful that he made it through - obviously he can't have any more surgeries. We've had him for 6 years. Are you blessed with a pet?

SIPS: Lotsa lattes this week - that's really my fave coffee drink I guess.

SWEETS: Sometimes I just like to enjoy chocolate from Trader Joe's. Their dark chocolate bars are so creamy and good - half a bar works for me. And hey - gotta have those antioxidants! :)


I hope you enjoyed my 7 things to savor! Now it's your turn! Write a Savor 7 {Saturday} post including these 7 categories or just listing your own 7 kinds of blessings from the week and come back here to link up. Please make sure you link to the actual post rather than just your blog. And please include a link back to this post so people can find the link-up! You are also welcome to use the graphic at the top in your post or on your sidebar if you wish. Don't forget to visit another linker or 2 to share some encouragement!


If you want to make sure you keep up with future series and posts, just click to Subscribe to Stop and Smell the Chocolates by Email or RSS! 


Thanks for joining me and have a blessed weekend friends!

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear Buster is ok! Have you ever tried the TJ's dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt? Sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, I have had that TJ's bar - oh SO SO good!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the Psalms. This scripture is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing The Cozy Nook with me. I followed the lovely blog! I love Lattes and Trader Joes dark chocolate! Praying you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbie! Glad you connected with my friend Lisa at The Cozy Nook! Praying you have a wonderful week as well.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the plug! :-) I might have to pick up one of those Trader Joe chocolate bars for myself. ;-) Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I buy a bunch of those TJ bars and take them to the school office so the office ladies have their own "emergency" chocolate supply. :)

      Delete
  4. That has to be one of the sweetest photos ever!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...