Friday, February 20, 2009

Would You Like Chocolate With That? ~ Chocolate Oatmeal


Finally - Chocolate Friday again! Seems like it has been a long week.

This time, I thought you could use a little chocolate for breakfast! I don't think you have it often enough. I know I don't! :)

I found this in my little book of chocolate recipes and decided to give it a shot. I enjoyed it - creamy with a subtle chocolate flavor. Here it is - Chocolate Oatmeal.

It looks yummy, doesn't it? And yet...it seems like it could use just a little something...


Oh YEAH! Much better - LOL! C'mon now, all I did was add cream to oatmeal - a perfectly natural thing to do.

Chocolate Oatmeal

1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons cocoa
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 cup quick oats
1 teaspoon semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips)

In microwavable bowl, microwave milk on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Mix in cocoa, sugar, and oats. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. ( I did have to add a little extra milk at the end as it was really thick.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time for you to share some chocolate here. Link up your chocolate-themed post with Mr. Linky below - you can do it, I believe in you! You can find more info here or take a look back at last week.

Have a fantastic chocolate-filled day!!






5 comments:

  1. Oh girl you are cracking me up! This could almost be a Friday Funny lol. Just pour yourself a bowl of Cocopuffs and be done with it! LOL.
    Have I told you lately how much I am enjoying being your friend.
    Big FRIDAY hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to stop by and say Hi this morning as I won't have much time later. We are having a garage sale today. Yipee (said with great sarcasm!) So Happy Saturday to you. I know you have something to participate in Show and Tell today, so no pressure but I'll be back later to read it! LOL.
    love you sister.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yum that sounds fabulous. I will have to recommend that on my chocomommies blog, which by the way is still having problems with comments :( There must be something about oatmeal lately, I am making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies this evening :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments! Thank you for stopping and smelling the chocolates with me!! Currently disabled anonymous comments due to spam attempts - thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...